Thursday, May 30, 2013

Taking the Plunge....To Swim In Grace

I have been hosting Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts DVD Bible Study in my home for the last several weeks. I read her book two years ago. The truth is, her writing style hurts my brain sometimes, but she speaks to me.... She says what I feel. She's as real and transparent as I want to be. And that's what I crave, the truth. I struggle with grace and finding joy and all the stuff that comes in between. I'm not a natural born wife and mother and winging it has only taken me so far. I want to live fully aware of all the gifts that surround me. Because, it's all a gift...

Every moment in my life has brought me to this point where I recognize that I have not arrived. I'm not going to wake up tomorrow and be the perfect mommy. I am a sinner walking on a path that I have never seen before.  The fact is, I am in desperate need of a Savior, now more than ever. He knows where I'm from, where I've been, and where I'm going. The older I get and the longer I am a Christian, I realize just how huge salvation is. I don't deserve it. I'm NOT... good enough, modest enough, submissive enough, educated enough, convicted enough,...I. Am. Not. Enough.

He is.

Jesus bridged the abyss the separated me from the Father. I don't have to fear the fall anymore.

He's got me.

He already knew that I wasn't enough.

And He loved me despite it.

That sacrifice amazes me.

How can I do anything less than to count the many, many gifts He has given me? To open my eyes to grace??

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am swimming in grace. Even when I feel like I'm drowning in poo.

Sam and Tebow the Water Pup.

Brave souls....Mama don't swim in brown water.

One of my all time favorite pictures. Right here is the proof that His gifts are good!

Don't be fooled....they were "sceered" of snakes!


1 comment:

  1. You know how I feel about Ann Voskamp, even so, I wish I could come to your Bible study. I think you coined a new phrase - swimming in grace.

    ReplyDelete